No Subject

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>DENVER, CO, USA - GALACTIC FX MARKET UPDATE -
10/20/98</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<HR>
</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>SUMMARY<BR>The USD opened firmer against the yen due to heavy
stop loss orders being<BR>executed.&nbsp; The greenback also gained against the
mark in New York this<BR>morning on hopes of a German rate
cut.<BR><BR>EUROPE<BR>The pound remains firm against the mark and dollar.&nbsp;
Consumer credit rises<BR>to its highest level in a year, but markets are still
expecting a UK rate<BR>cut in the near term.&nbsp; The Norwegian crown eases
against the mark as markets<BR>are still concerned about last week's
announcement that Norges Bank will<BR>resume intervention.<BR><BR>ASIA<BR>Yen
slipped against the majors as traders cited mark/yen and sterling/yen<BR>buy
orders triggering stops.&nbsp; The Indian rupee ended slightly firmer in
thin<BR>trade today ahead of a series of holidays.&nbsp; Indian markets were
closed<BR>yesterday and will be closed Wednesday and Thursday as
well.<BR><BR>AMERICAS<BR>Mexican markets are expected to be firmer today
supported by the strength in<BR>the Dow.&nbsp; CAD made up some ground against
the dollar at the open this<BR>morning as the U.S. trade deficit reached a
record high in August while<BR>Canada's August trade surplus surpassed $1B for
the first time sine July<BR>'97.&nbsp; News of a credible fiscal adjustment plan
for Brazil and an IMF-led<BR>package to follow is a positive and stabilizing
force for emerging markets<BR>everywhere.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Sincerely,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Richard Chehovin<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Tue Oct 20 10:17:54 1998