Re: GEN: Ken's Astrological Trading

Kevin Morgan wrote:

> Outstanding!!  If you can demonstrate some of this in real-time, you
> might just get me and others interested in it as a valid technique.
> My upbringing causes me to view it right up there with reading
> chicken entrails, selling the dow because Elway made a great play, and
> asking my psychic advisor if I should exit my short on copper...but
> data has made me change my mind in the past.

This is a common misunderstanding about astrology. I, for one am quite rational and
approach this in the manner of my training which is in engineering and aristotalean
logic. Most astrologers _that_I_know_ are sane. However, there were, are, and will be
some earth-muffin types out there. Planetary phenomena is used today by meterologists,
the FAA, and radio engineers to predict the weather and radio interference. Many noted
cycles of the markets and other things and events economic or not have correlations to
the synodic periods of the planets. I have decided to do this with Live Cattle. I may
throw up a chart or two of other commodities, but this is the one that I'll preview on
this list. I am leaving on a business trip next week for 2 weeks and I may not trade the
markets at all during this time.

If it helps, consider the planets as clocks.

Enclosed is a GIF of LCZ (lcz80916.gif). While this is history, it is what I did and can
do with the planets. All things on the chart except for the price, the text, and
trendlines used as pointers are or are derived from planetary positions. In the second
GIF, (Ithink.gif) is where and when the price of LCZ is going. I am not sure at this
time whether I will short it on Monday. I believe that we are at the bottom of a cattle
cycle and it might be wise to start assuming a long-only posture right now. Planetary
cycles are the set-ups and the triggers, but one still has to use sound trading
practices. We'll see what the COF report is and whether or not the market discounts it.

In the images, the cyan show me's are new moons and the yellow show me's are full moons.
The crosses are (white) aspects LC is sensitive to and (magenta) aspects C(orn) is
sensitive to. These often mark trend changes. Note that there are alot of signals here,
that a "planetary trigger" of another type can swing the prices, and that sometimes they
are just wrong (either by prices accelerating through the point or just fizzling to no
activity).

I am off  to sleep.

> >Lastly, could someone post to me either the DJIA or the SP500 index (not futures)
> >data for at least 23 years (weekly is fine) so that I can demonstrate some
> >relationships in an area near and dear to both the stock folks but also the futures
> >folks. I do not trade nor follow closely the stock market other than its effect on
> >the over all economy, so I will be learning something too.
>
> I'm a little more dubious of this, why has already been fully discussed
> here.  Real winning trades will impress me more.

Why? One of the real utilities and the reason why I took up with this was some amazing
insights into the economic cycles. While one cannot trade in the usually understood
time-frame except on a long term basis (one's life), it does show that planetary cycles
do indeed have a correlation to the markets.

--
Ken Macht  macht@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\lcz80916.gif"

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\Ithink.gif"