Re: [Fwd: Samurai

There are many traditions that use these practices and concepts for the
attainment of excellence.

For instance, the Japanese Samauri Swordsmen used these practices in what is
truly a nerve wracking experience, facing an opponents or multiple opponents
in a fight to the death.

Man facing man, ANY distraction from the task at hand, whether the
distraction is fear based, "Help!  I might die!", or arrogance based, "I'm
better than him, so I will win.", or anger, "I'm gonna kill that SOB!" or
any thoughts that attach you to an outcome of any kind diminish your
performance.  All these permutations were worked out in actual combat
practice over many centuries.  Of course, the practices were also used in
this culture and many many others successfully in other kinds of
performance.

The point is that attachment to outcome takes you away from just looking at
what is in front of you, the market is up, down, whatever.  The nail is
straight, crooked, whatever.

It simply does take enormous discipline to consistently attain this kind of
level, and the "mystical types of meditation" have proven themselves in the
arena.

Take a look at all the work done in a similar vein in sports, or indeed in
sexual performance.  Eddie merely uses the Zen practices as his benchmark.
The message is congruent with what has been learned in many other methods of
attaining excellence.

Good Trading,

George Van Noy
jorxj@xxxxxxxxxxxx