GEN: Astrology

At the risk of causing some controversy, I just have to post this
question!

There has recently been a lot of stuff on RT regarding astrology.  Can
anyone give me any reasonable picture of a plausible causal link between
the motions of stars that are thousands of light years away and the
movements of the stock markets?  Why are non-visible astronomical objects
ignored?  Remember, as any undergrad statistics student knows,  that
correlation does not equal proof. Talking of "proof" - aren't there too
many possible combinations of astological variables leading to "curve
fitting"? How do you back test "financial astrology"?

  At least with fundamental or technical analysis there are some
plausible links that can be made - eg: the fear/greed factor.

In the absence of any plausible arguement for financial astrology, I find
it strange that so many people think there is something in it!

Harold