Re: GEN: Astrology

I am an astronomer (Ph.D..). I can tell you there is virtually no PHYSICAL
relation between planetary motion, etc. and human behavior. Having said that,
I add that these same aspects can influence peoples BELIEFS and thus
influence their behavior.  Many people read the horoscope in the newspaper
every morning, and act accordingly.  Is it the material in the horoscope, or
the belief of the person that affects behavior?  In the market, does it
matter?  As long as a large number of people believe it's true, it becomes
so.  Remember, the markets have much more to do with psychology than with
physical science. (The only slight exception to all this may be in the
agricultural futures markets where there may be a seasonal relationship
between sunspot cycles and severity of seasons.)

Good trading,

Peter Perry