Re: GEN: Astrology

Peter and Group:

In line with this thread let me mention "A Roadmap Of Time" by Brad
Steiger,
pages 16 thru 27.  What is fascinating about this is that the authors talk
about
the legendary trader Arthur Cutten employing an astronomer to conduct
research
on weather conditions and its potential effect on the wheat markets.  The
details
of this most interesting research project and accompanying theories are too
involved to post in total but it involves using the "American Ephemeris and
Nautical
Almanac" to calculate what they termed market weather-energy computations
for
the sun, moon and earth.  Three men are listed in these pages (Maxwell,
Stapleton,
and Cejka)-who I wrote to in 1987 but my letter was returned as
undeliverable.
I was interested in conducting some research into this but the material was
over my head.  Here is what is interesting.  Listed in the objectives they
state
that:  "as applies to market actions within one day of occurence".  They
are also
quoted as saying that:  "It is the acceleration, plus or minus, that
counts; and
not at all where we are, either at the start or at the finish!  This is
Newton's law
of motion, that everything goes on in a straight line until another force
acts upon
it."  ........"It is based on the movements of the Earth, Moon, and
Sun--but
chiefly on the interaction of the Moon and the Earth.  Maxwell stressed
that as
the Moon and Earth revolve around one another, there is a differential in
the pull
of gravity.  Since the Moon orbits Earth in an ellipse, there must be a
period when it
travels at a faster speed, and another time when it slows down.  Everything
on Earth
is constantly subjected to two forces--the gravitational forces and the
centrifugal
forces from the spinof the Earth on its axis."  There is more interesting
and com-
pelling logic listed on these pages which are too lengthy to post to the
group.

Again, the details were over my head but apparantely Stapleton and Maxwell
applied
this knowledge to successful stock market speculation.  Peter, if you can't
obtain
a copy of this book; email me privately your snail mail address and I'll be
happy to
mail you copies of what I am discussing.

As an Ph.D astronomer, I'd certainly be interested in hearing your feedback
and
valued comments on the efficacy of this theoritical methodology for
forecasting
the stock market.

Charles

> I am an astronomer (Ph.D..). I can tell you there is virtually no
PHYSICAL
> relation between planetary motion, etc. and human behavior. Having said
that,
> I add that these same aspects can influence peoples BELIEFS and thus
> influence their behavior.
>
> Good trading,
>
> Peter Perry

PS:  I have a file of articles about solar/lunar and lunar effects on
economic
cycles and the stock market.