Re: Listen Only Squawkbox

Dear Bob,

Bob Hunt wrote:

> Are there any users of the Listen Only Squawkbox out there?

I've used it since May, and in July, I spent a day on the floor with Jeff
Jacobsen, who owns and runs it.

> If so, I would appreciate any feedback that you might be able to give
> me on a couple of issues;
>
> Have you found it to actually help your trading? If so, in what
> manner?

Yes, primarily in learning the quality of the trading: who is trading
what size.  Also, in learning when the data from my data provider (BMI
satellite) is lagging the market, which I've seen happen every now and
then, sometimes by over a minute (and there is no way to detect that
simply by watching the screen).

> How do you receive it, via satellite or internet?

Internet, at $100/month for 3-month intervals.  I understand that after
the satellite quit several months ago, LOS has discontinued their use of
satellite feed, so now it is only available by internet ($100/month) or
telephone ($300/month).

> How much downtime have you experienced with the system?

Insignificant.

> What kind of technical difficulties have you experienced? (I've
> noticed during my trial that an echo problem seems to occur now and
> then. Does this kind of thing happen frequently?)

I too have experienced that and am switching to another ISP to see if I
can eliminate or lessen it.

> Please feel free to make any other comments.

I've been watching the S&P market tick by tick since '85 and Jeff
Jacobsen, in my opinion, is one of the saviest guys on the market that
I've met.  After trading with LOS, I wouldn't want to trade without it -
it brings a whole new dimension to trading that is just not there with
only a screen.

> Thanks in advance,
> Bob Hunt

Sincerely,