GEN: TRADESTATION VS. TRADELAB

I could really use some guidance on this issue from some of
you who have trodden the path I am about to describe.  For some
time I have been struggling and agonizing whether or not to buy
MetaStock or SuperCharts.  I then realized that the Quick Editor
in SuperCharts may not suit my needs further down the road and
it was only a matter of time before I regretted not purchasing TS.
To complicate matters further, I learned that there is a lot of animosity
and resentment (probably earned) towards Omega because of their
obviously greedy tactics of using 'closed architecture', doing away
with TS eod so everyone had to use the more expensive version, etc.
I have witnessed some discussions on this forum (even though I do
not understand a lot of the language/especially on the web site)
about a new TradeLab product that is supposed to encompass all
the advantages of using TS but without any inherent limitations.
Question.  Should I wait, buy SC or TS?  Are there any simple
answers to the questions surrounding this dilema?  My only under-
standing is that TS uses a programming language called 'Easy
Language' (and there is nothing easy about it) while TradeLab is going
to use a language called 'Visual Basic'.  I obviously know little or
nothing
about programming but am willing to take classes to learn.  Thanks for
any feedback from the group on this issue.

Charles.