Re: GEN: TRADESTATION VS. TRADELAB

>time I have been struggling and agonizing whether or not to buy
>MetaStock or SuperCharts.  I then realized that the Quick Editor
>in SuperCharts may not suit my needs further down the road and
>it was only a matter of time before I regretted not purchasing TS.

Charles,

Having used and owning licences for Metastock 6.5, Supercharts 4.0 and
TradeStation EOD I fully understand your question.

I my opinion you should clearly define what you will use the software for
and act accordingly.
Personally I do a lot of programming and coding, and find articles in
"Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities" etc very interesting as they
give examples of indicator and system code, usually in Tradestation
language as this is the most common programming tool.
>From what I read of your email it seems like you are not too concerned with
the programming part. FOr EOD analysis I would recommend Metastock 6.5,
which has a more powerful programming language than the previous versions
and without programming experience most of your first systems and
indicators will probably be of just a few lines anyway. (Mine usually still
does, after many years)
Tradestation is a bigger investment and with Tradestation 5.0 (hopefully)
just around the corner your probably at least better off spending a few
hundered dollars on Metastock in the meantime.
Regarding the Tradelabs software you mention, I havent heard about that
before.

Best greetings,

Frode L. Aschim

Email: frode@xxxxxxxxxx
Homepage: http://www.aschim.com

Thought of the day:
			    	"Internet FFA brokers can do it on the spot, in the future,
                         	physically, or virtually, depending on your
platform"

				Barry Parker