Re: MKT - DOW, and the next ten years

Bruce wrote:

> In the short run TA can work very well, in my opinion, on individual
stocks
> and futures.  In the long run, a buy and hold strategy for the US stock
> market is virtually unbeatable for the next ten years.  Open an account
with
> a dirt-cheap online firm like Datek, buy as many SPYders as you can
afford,
> and forget about the money.

Bruce and all; better yet study the methods of Ted Warren.  His story has
got to be one of the most interesting and fascinating I have heard about.
Are
any of you other oldtimers familiar with that name and the history of his
market exploits?  I remember reading his books in the 70's.  Here was this
guy who traveled the country (world) with his wife in an RV.  He was kind
of
like Nicholas Darvas; placing orders from wherever he happened to be
travel-
ing.  Started an advisory service during that decade; I can remember sub-
scribing to it for a short while.  This guy claims to have made a TON of
money
spending a few minutes a day pouring over the Stephens chart book with a
pencil and a ruler.  Also claims his books were banned because the insiders
didn't want too many people following his methods.  I was shocked and
dismayed
(sick to my stomach?) when I got a flyer in the mail from Ken Roberts
saying that
he is now offering a course based on the Warren method for $195 along with
pub-
lishing the 'Investolator'.  Mr Warren's widow is still alive and he also
has a
daughter that I believe helped him with the newsletter if I recall
correctly.  Now,
you guys want to KISS--make the MOST MONEY by doing the LEAST--here it
is!!!  I would
love to get to the bottom of his exploits.  Wonder if he really made all
the money
he claims?

Charles.

ps:  Mr. Warren passed away a few years ago.  Roberts stated that many
offered
to buy the rights to his work but he was the only person she felt
comfortable with.