Re: The Warren Challenge

Rob,

>I personally know people at Welles office and they ALL say that >Delta
is worthless.

I personally know several brokers who couldn't trade their way out of a
wet paper bag and seen employees at dying companies claim that their
stock is priceless. Relying on other people to tell you what works and
what doesn't is the one thing guaranteed not to work.

>I guess you dont have much faith in Delta.

I have much faith in Delta. I have done a tremendous amount of work
correlating it to other methods that work as well. As Brett indicates,
the work I have failed to consistently do relates to money management
and discipline. The best of faith and certainty is internal, and doesn't
rely on outside opinions at all, but cold, hard facts you've uncovered
or correlated yourself.

>Im not trying to be a jerk, but if you have something then lets see >it
work.

I once tried to explain Delta to a friend who was a sceptic. I asked him
to try some simple manipulations of a graph. He refused, saying,"I
believe the burden of proof is on the person making the claim". My
question is why do people like this have so little faith in themselves?
Anyone can buy the book and answer any questions to their full
satisfaction with a bit of work. And yet many people, in many aspects of
trading seem to believe that the world owes them the correct answers and
a way to make a living. I am reminded of a quote from Alexander
Elder,"The market is not your mother's teat". Yes, someone gave me a
great deal of help with Delta, because I bought the book and expended
much time making it work FIRST. That help was a great gift, and the
price was a willingness to help myself. I would think that you would be
willing to spend a little time on yourself.

Despite what you may think, I'm not trying to be a jerk here either.
Most of the good traders here who use methods written by others fully
test them and adapt them to their own personal belief systems. The only
one who can make a truth that you can have complete faith in is you. And
that only comes through a lot of hard work. If I'm missing something,
and there is an easy way to financial wealth, someone PLEASE let me
know. : )

                                         Darrin Vernier

"All that is, is purely PHIlosophical, a mathematical symphony of
madness and beauty". -me