Re: income tax on traders

Mervin,

>From my perspective the discussion is moot.

Derivative markets are not  a zero sum game regardless of what Michael Douglas
said in his last movie.

Any market is traded to fulfill an ecomomic need and provide the opportunity
for entreprenuers to make a profit. Like any entrprenurial endeavor, some will
succeed and some fail.  Taxes, bid/ask speads, commissions, etc are just part
of the playing field, not the game itself.

If the only way a system can make a profit is to minimize commission costs,
IMHO the system is doomed to failure.

Some of us are good at Chess, some at Baseball. That helps determine which
game  we play, and how we establish our strategy to play it.

For some of us Long Term Planning is deciding what we will have for lunch when
we first get to work in the A.M.

All of these factors and more go into what market we will trade and how we
will trade it.

Find the market and the method that allows you to be a consistent winner when
you trade and stick to it. The rewards both financial and spiritual  will take
care of themselves.

All the best that life can offer- the love and laughter of friends and family

Terry