Re:

Hi Gwen

Hope  things are going well in your new job.

Attached is a rough draft of an article I shall
put up on the RT site.

Seeing as how we seem to think along  the same lines,
do you have any suggestions for improvement?

Any and all suggestions are welcome.  Natch
I'll acknowledge any contribution  you make.

regards

ray

R Barros
101/25 Market Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia

Voice:   61 2 92673470
Fax:       61 2 92673478
E-Mail:  rbarros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----------
> From: Gwenn Ael Gautier <Gw.Gautier@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: MONEY MANAGERS?
> Date: Monday, June 29, 1998 7:12 PM
>
> Hi Brent, I'll be horrible today, but I couldn't resist:
>
> BrentinUtahsDixie a écrit:
>
> > Hi Charles,
> >
> > I for one would be looking for experience and secondly trading
philosophy.
> > Make sure you see ‘eye to eye’ for the most part. You will want to have
> > personal interview. If you want to find the middle ground when
evaluating
> > someone, find a person that knew the manager before, like a roommate or
> > previous wife to ask, then you may find the truth in the middle.
>
> Knowing the person well is certainly key, however make sure you apply the
right
> "criteria" to "judge" the person's potential. Look for internal balance.
>
> > I know of
> > one person claiming to be a manager with more then 9 million in
management
> > that seemed to have a very short fuse,
>
> Stay away for sure.
>
> > I wouldn't want that type of
> > emotionality in a manager. Other clues, what kind of car do they drive,
>
> So what kind should he drive???
>
> > how
> > organized are they,
>
> Indeed,
>
> > what time do they get to work.
>
> Yes and no: Again, what is their degree of balance? Check for
consistency.

> > Have they been
> > published,
>
> Why would it be a good sign, given most published stuff has not that much
to do
> with real trading expertise?
>
> > have them show you some of their work, in my opinion it takes
> > time and hands on experimentation to understand the subtleties the
markets.

> That supposes you know how it should be done. Otherwise, you'll really
decide
> following the same flawed process which had you trading wrong. Same
rubbish
> input, same rubbish output.
>
> > It’s your money so treat them like an employee.
> >

> Uh oh, do you treat your doctor like an employee? and yet it's your
life...
> Isn't this more a business relationship, you requesting a supposedly more
> skilled person to do something you cannot do so well, or have no time to
do so
> appropriately? So that should deserve more respect, or does it mean the
skill
> of managing money has no value?
>
> > Good hunting,
>
> Let us know when you kill the deer...
>

> > Brent
> >

> In my experience, people chose their managers the same way they trade,
ie,
> without much success. Reason is they apply the same flawed concepts and
> [...]
Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\Acceptan.txt"