Re: DTN vs BMI et al

CalaxCorp@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 98-06-02 12:51:38 EDT, Peter2150@xxxxxxx writes:
>
> << Subj:         Re: DTN vs BMI et al
>  Date:  98-06-02 12:51:38 EDT
>  From:  Peter2150@xxxxxxx
>  Sender:        owner-realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  To:    realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (RealTraders Discussion Group)
>
>  In a message dated 98-06-02 12:39:37 EDT, MitchT@xxxxxxx writes:
>
>  > I was away and just got this.....this is where I think being a part of a
> large
>  >  trading group (real traders) can be used. I think we as a group should
>  >  e-mail BMI and
>  >  tell them we resent treating our members this way.  We should each
>  >  e-mail individually.
>  >  Write a form letter saying let me out or else these 100 traders will go
>  >  out of their way to bad mouth
>  >  your service. Include the address where to foward it and I for one will
>  >  sign it and send it on to BMI
>
>  To all
>
>             I find this a silly thing.   First of all like it or not there is
>  contract.  2ndly we don't know if BMI was willing to work with the person
>  involved.  We only have one side.  I am sure not going to write any
>  threatening letters.  Dumb.  I need the data, and its been the most reliable
>  so far.  I am not going to threaten to bad mouth them over something I don't
>  have the full facts on and put my lively hood at risk.
>
>                                         Pete
>   >>

> To All,
>
> Let's assume you want to move to a better place to live.  Would your landlord
> allow you to just tear up the current lease?  Certainly not.
>
> We made a decision (signing a contract) based on a certain expectation
> earlier.  As did the landlord.
>
> BMI is not any different in this case.  We have our commitment to BMI, and I
> am sure they have their commitments to their vendors too.  That is how we do
> business.  (Attitude is another story).
>
> So far their data has been good.  And we have not found any better place to
> live (better data for the price).  (Let me know if you do).  When our lease is
> up, we are free to make another evaluation.
>
> Good trading,
> WilliamW
I was given choices when I signed up with BMI. You can commit to a
yearly contract for "x" amount of dollars or you can pay more per month
for a month to month contract. This seemed a prudent choice for a
beginner. Changing to a yearly contract just took a call. I don't
understand why you weren't given these choices.   Harry