Re: DTN vs BMI et al

In a message dated 98-06-02 12:51:38 EDT, Peter2150@xxxxxxx writes:

<< Subj:	 Re: DTN vs BMI et al
 Date:	98-06-02 12:51:38 EDT
 From:	Peter2150@xxxxxxx
 Sender:	owner-realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Reply-to:	Peter2150@xxxxxxx
 To:	realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (RealTraders Discussion Group)

 In a message dated 98-06-02 12:39:37 EDT, MitchT@xxxxxxx writes:

 > I was away and just got this.....this is where I think being a part of a
large
 >  trading group (real traders) can be used. I think we as a group should
 >  e-mail BMI and
 >  tell them we resent treating our members this way.  We should each
 >  e-mail individually.
 >  Write a form letter saying let me out or else these 100 traders will go
 >  out of their way to bad mouth
 >  your service. Include the address where to foward it and I for one will
 >  sign it and send it on to BMI

 To all

            I find this a silly thing.   First of all like it or not there is
 contract.  2ndly we don't know if BMI was willing to work with the person
 involved.  We only have one side.  I am sure not going to write any
 threatening letters.  Dumb.  I need the data, and its been the most reliable
 so far.  I am not going to threaten to bad mouth them over something I don't
 have the full facts on and put my lively hood at risk.

                                        Pete

To All,

Let's assume you want to move to a better place to live.  Would your landlord
allow you to just tear up the current lease?  Certainly not.

We made a decision (signing a contract) based on a certain expectation
earlier.  As did the landlord.

BMI is not any different in this case.  We have our commitment to BMI, and I
am sure they have their commitments to their vendors too.  That is how we do
business.  (Attitude is another story).

So far their data has been good.  And we have not found any better place to
live (better data for the price).  (Let me know if you do).  When our lease is
up, we are free to make another evaluation.

Good trading,
WilliamW