RE: Accumulation/distribution and volume indicators

I use a modified WilliamsAccDis.  I average today with the day before to
smooth it a little, and then I put a 20 period Bollinger Band around it
with 1.5 Std on each side.  It seems fairly reliable that when the
smoothed WilliamsAccDis crosses above the top Bollinger Band, prices
rise, and when it crosses the bottom band prices fall.  The 1.5 Std
bands are used to acknowledge that there is a randomness to all this,
and that a move beyond 1.5 standard deviations of a 20 period average is
significant and not noise.

WilliamsAccDis uses the relationship of the open price to determine
AccDis, no Volume is used.  OBV uses a +/- summation of volume depending
if the close is up or down.  In the future, I I want to combine
WilliamsAccDis, OBV, and an exponential volume oscillator with Bollinger
Bands.

Tim Proeber
tproeber@xxxxxxxxxx