Re: Neutral Investing

In a message dated 98-03-03 16:55:44 EST, gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I've tried a few simulations of variations on the above
 simple systems, and after taking out costs for commissions
 and slippage, found it difficult to make money on either of
 the above variations of this admittedly simple system. >>

         Hi Gary,

          To this I would like to add that a VERY deversified portfolio would
be required.  As a minimum I would suspect one would need 10 to 20 pairs to
start (20-40 stocks) in a wide variety of industries.   Hedge funds can do
this, average individual investers?  No way.  Rich investers, use the hedge
funds.

                                Good luck and good trading,
                                         Ray Raffurty