Re: May Bellies

At 12:38 AM 2/3/98 -0800, nwinski wrote:
>   Alan and John,
>     I have just one question, with only 600 contracts trading per day,
>how does one plan to get in or out of this market? Who are you going to
>trade with? This reminds me of when I was on the CBOE. When an
>occasional order would come to an inactive class of options, and no
>market maker  was present at that post, they would have a market maker
>call. That means that over the P.A. system they would say, XZY market
>makers, please go to XYZ. If no one showed, everyone registered for that
>class of options could receive a fine.  Usually someone would show, but
>if there was only one XYZ market maker near the trading floor, and they
>called when the guy was "indisposed" it might take a few minutes for him
>to arrive. <G> Unfortunately, they have no such obligatory arrangement
>in the Pork Belly pit. So, spin the Pork Belly wheel of fortune.
>
>Good Luck,
>
>Norman

Norman and RT'ers,

  Norman, you bring up a very good point!  Upon my first inspection of the
posted May bellies chart, I only looked at the price action and I commented
on what I saw in front of me.  I did not look at the volume or open
interest, I should have.  Further, I just wanted to state that I agree with
your comments, when a market is thinly traded, investors can find it very
difficult to trade and caution should be exercised.

  Finally, finally, it is interesting to note that symmetry wave worked, so
far, even in this relatively thinly traded market.

Thanks,
John Boggio