Re: Mkt - Tug of war

JW wrote:

> We seem to have a clear divergence in predictions for this time.  On 7/11, Norman
> predicted (below) Goldilocks bailing out of the 3 Bears cottage without a parachute
> around now.  Ronny Kraft today predicts a 5-10% down move within the next few (3?) weeks.
>  On the other hand, Rich Ratchford is apparently calling for a bottom here (7/27) and
> Bobrabcd has stated that we have clear sailing for the next two weeks or so.

-I guess this divergence in prediction  accounts  for why we are
going sideways! <g>

Looking at the  S&P Cash, there are  a couple of Fibonacci
extension clusters  that I find   interesting:

1987 low to 90 high, extended from  subsequent 90 low = a 4.25
extension=  946.77

July 96 low to Feb 97 high, extended from Apr lows = 946.77

The current  high is  1 point off.

 I'm  sitting in  the bear camp,   I use Elliot Wave.  Elliot
Oscillator has racked up quadruple divergence on the daily chart,
which internal 5 wave patterns  to match. 1  day with  another tight
range but a spike in volume may signal the final struggle before the
market moves.   I'm primarily  looking for a correction of the  wave
from April lows, with a bottom coming in around 835 (Sep. S&P) :  If
we're gonna  correct this whole  wave , then the correction should
come in 3 main  waves, i.e. the  B wave rally to kick  in around  916
 support  after initial A wave tumble.

A more pronounced   correction  may be in  the works if  we do not
get  a decent(50%) counter  rally from the 908-916 support  region.
(916 is a key 50% support , 908 is a key 62% support  from the June
23rd base to the high).  Beyond that, I won't speculate too  much,
but in case of  larger correction than 830-845,   I'd   see the next
major  Fib.  support  coming in around April lows.

Well, that's  my humble  2 cents worth  on direction and potential
magnitude. As always, the market will have the final word!   Whatever
direction it  finally decides to take,  should be a well
charged move  -  I hope we all take good  advantage!

Happy Trading all,

Alec.