[Fwd: Re: FUT: Gann novice]

--- Begin Message ---
To: newton@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FUT: Gann novice
From: nwinski <nwinski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 16:20:21 -0700

Jeff Newton wrote:

> Hi folks --
>
> I've been trading futures for a few years using TA; toyed & tested with
> various indicators. At this point, I figure that need to incorporate the
> factor of time into my analysis -- which leads me to Gann. If nothing else,
> I feel that I should at least be knowledgable of his techniques....
>
> I would appreciate if anyone who has studied Gann (and I know there are a
> lot of you) could perhaps provide me with an itinerary for my journey. I
> just ordered "How to Make Profits Trading Commodities," so I plan to start
> there.
>
> Thank you in advance for your replies.
>
> Jeff Newton

Jeff,
  The best way to study Gann is to replicate his own path. That path is
not overtly indicated in his books and courses, but rather the one he
actually followed in his studies. However, he constantly makes cryptic
references to these "natural vibrations".  In the early 80s, I had the
good fortune, on several occassions, to speak with one of Gann's former
partners. This gentleman worked with Gann for 10 years. He told me
that first and foremost Gan was "Astrological".  I have much more info
and evidence along these lines. So, if you really want to study and
understand what Gann was doing, I strongly suggest that you take the
time to FIRST learn the basic principles of Astrology. This  will carry
through about 75% of Gann's writings. BTW, I have studied Gann since
1977. Fortunately for me, I was already knowledgeable about Astrology
when I discovered Gann. My first reaction upon reading in his course
was,
"gee, this sure sounds like Astrology?"  Unfortunately for  those who
do not take this path  are lost or frustrated for years.
   Disclosure: Yes, I have a definite bias. Yes, I teach and sell
Astrological information to traders. Yes, I am toatlly connected to me.
   If you would like more info, please send to me a private e-mail.

Connectively,

Norman

--- End Message ---