Re[2]: New XP Install of TS2K won't load?

I'm speaking off the top of my head as my laptop came with XP Pro SP2
I believe.  I would do two things.  Get the fan fixed so it doesn't
overheat or fix whatever problem causes the overheating.  Overheating
will slow a machine to a crawl.  Second check all your drivers to be
sure they are the latest from the manufacturer.  Old drivers verses
new Service Pack will do all kinds of strange unfriendly things
including stopping the OS from loading.  That is a start at least.  If
it doesn't work then try Google.com.

Jimmy

Interesting, as recently I upgraded to Service Pack 2 of XPPro on my Dell 1100 laptop. Since then (it may be a coincidence) I've hadproblems booting all the way to the Desktop. Sometimes the folders andicons on the Desktop don't show. Other times I can't launch any programs-- it just freezes. Usually, if I just force a Shutdown, then reboot I'mlucky enough to get all the way to an intact Desktop.

Aside from overheating when using my laptop for several hours, I canthink of no reason why this is occurring. Perhaps some of the TSR's thatload in my tray are incompatible since the Service Pack. Anyone have asuggestion on this? Many thanx in advance.

Michael