GlobalServer Query Language Example

Can someone supply some sample code demonstrating how to use the GlobalServer Query Language to retrieve data from the server (any language will be fine: C++, VB, Delphi, whatever).

This is described in the document "Omega Research ProSuite 2000i Developers Kit" in the section "Extracting Data From the GlobalServer". Unfortunately no example code is given (at least I don't have it).

The Queries look somewhat like the DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange) commands that could be typed into Excel to receive quotes but as far as I know, TS4 was the last version that supported DDE (optional, I think).

The developers program flow looks something like:
1) Create a Data Access Manager object through a Microsoft COM interface.
2) Establish a connection with the server.
3) Initiate a query.
4) Process the results.

I searched Tradestation Securities Forums and Tradestation2000i Forums and got one hit that basically said we don't discuss that here. No hits out in Google land.

thanks,
sam