RE: GlobalServer Query Language Example

Sam,

TS2K is very robust. You are on the right track but C++ bites and
no one will share code. Check Power Basic PB-Bones below.
Its a developed TS Global Variable, fast, and PB costs about $250 w/manual.
He's got a good Word document that is excellent in describing process, you
may need to ask him to email it to you, since PB limits size on web site.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:KNi4yxQlm1sJ:www.powerbasic.com/files/p
ub/pbwin/xlang/+tradestation+visual+basic&hl=en

He gives a good explanation of how all interacts and PB is allot like EL,
and interfaces with all languages.
BUT, he don't give any examples of how to use Global Variables or plot
indicators on other charts like PushPop (the Omega crowd favorite).

I spent allot of time until had to channel my resources better elsewhere
temporarilly. No one on Omega-list had any interest in PB before. PB is fast
and all charts should talk with all others with no overhead, but not ONE
example on how to interface GV. The only example is plotting an average
indicator on the same chart without GV. The creator was no help to me  (but
provided backbone to do all in Omega Developers Kit for free), but maybe you
could tweak him better.

I was close, but in the end programming is trying 2 to the n factors until
you start making sufficient progress towards goal. I still have no
verifiable proof that his failsafe GV system works as advertised. No one
else has yet admitted to successfully using PB-Bones, but I got it to work
up to a certain level (programming ela's within one chart). In fact, I have
programming on how to achieve what I want in PB without PB-Bones (from
kinder members on PB Chat site), but all other Global Variables without
failsafe methods have severe integrity disadvantages, limitations, or speed
problems (I tried over a half dozen).

Good Luck, very intense stuff initially and it took me weeks to understand
at a novice level.

Phil