From: Henri Amand [mailto:h.amand@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 5:53 PM
To: omega-list
Subject: Re: TradeStation2000i Trial

ribau@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Product tech support should include product upgrades for bugs and
> program enhancements, otherwise, the normal European vendors are
> ripping off their European customers. They are selling dead software,
> caveat emptor.

If you see it as "ripping of" then that's your way of looking at it.
I don't think any vendor is selling the software with Omega support
and it's widely known that Omega does not support it anymore so
every buyer knows what he is buying. That's not a ripoff in my textbook.

> Question remains unanswered: Why do you want to buy buggy software

Buggy. I am working with TS2000i for about 5 years now i think and
have never had any "problems" with bugs. It probably depends on how
you use it. Ofcourse, sometimes something goes wrong but show me
any software with the capabilities of TS2000i that does not have that.
I have much more problems with the other software i use that does
have support.

> that will never be upgraded

Why buy a car ? Because it will bring you from A to B. You don't buy
it because you want an upgrade for the engine and bigger wheels and
whatever fancy stuf you can think of. If you buy TS2000i you know
what you are getting. A good piece of software that works for the
european markets. For that it's still one of the best (if not the best)
out there.

> and has no tech support?

It will have support from the vendor.

> You are wasting
> your money ("a few thousand dollars") and you are wasting hundreds of
> hours learning to use software that is unsupported.

wasting money... don't think the people that made money using TS2000i
agree with you there. (i am one of those)

> How about AmiBroker for European Mkts? It is capable of handling
> virtually ANY exchange in the world.

Yes, why not. Maybe because then you would have nothing to do in
the omega list ?

Greetings