Re: TradeStation2000i Trial

Volker Knapp wrote:

It is an assumption that most people in Europe know that TS2000i is
not supported anymore, in fact most new buyers don't know because no
one tells them.
However, is that the sellers fault or the buyer ? Who can blame
a seller not telling all the "features" of the product. It's up to the
buyer to do good investigation.

The resellers who resell TS2000i sell it because they
get a high commission and they refuse to sell anything else. The
price of Amibroker or Wealth-Lab is not even their commission.
And i must say, i can not blame them for trying to sell the product
that has the highest commision. Isn't that why you yourself have
stopped the affiliate program ?

Coming back to the example of the cars, if you buy a last year model
you get great discount and the sales person will tell you that it is
a 2004 model but here you talk about a car that will have no spare
part anymore because it is not supported.
See... we are not talking spare parts. This car will keep on functioning
but will indeed, miss some features that newer cars do have. The car
will hower not stop working. It does not need spare parts and all the
problems that are in the car have workarounds.

BTW Henry, which software are you using every day for trading? ;)
As you know, in spite of all the bugs'mostly WLD for my development. However, i developed something very intresting 2 weeks ago and wanted
to run it but unfortunatly i needed TS for that because WLD could not
handle it. (2 problems, 1) order execution and 2) the symbol was not
available with E-Signal or any other RT datafeed)

So unfortunatly, no perfect car around for me. I still have 2 cars. I would
love to have only one and hope WLD will be the car for me one day...
Will probably take another few years before that will happen :-(