Re: OT: XP Multi-Monitors

Ron Augustine wrote:

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to mix AGP and PCI video cards
under XP-Pro?

Yes, you can. But it's likely to be a headache. I had a nVidia AGP card
with 2 monitors. Had to add another nVidia card (PCI), but XP needed a
reinstall to work with both cards - works great now.

I have a Nvidia NVS-280 in the AGP slot powering two Monitors -- I
need to add a 3rd Monitor, but there's only one AGP slot so the new
vid-card will need to be PCI --

But since you already have an AGP card, just get a nVidia PCI card with
2 monitors (even if you need to add just one more now), newegg.com is
great for this.

Anyone know if a AGP/PCI config will work?

Any suggestions for a basic PCI Video Card?

Thanks much in advance for any insights --