Re: Elliott waves

Another funny thing many people fail to grasp is that unlike studying and
reading books on law or engineering helps people become proficient in those
fields, it does not and CANNOT apply to trading.

Imagine if we all took University courses on trading and practiced what we
would be taught. Who then would take the opposite sides of our trades?

Elliott wave is promoted by marketers. It may have *some* value but having
studied it for many years and becoming VERY proficient in it I can tell you
that it may have some limited value in the Dow Jones Index. Nothing else.
It does not work on individual stock, foreign indexes, currencies, TBonds.
Nothing!
Can people make money and attribute it to their knowledge of Elliott wave?
Sure! Just like the guy who takes positions listening to the soda pop can
talking to him. It's their ability to trade and not their knowledge of any
theory that makes them money. Of course they really think otherwise.

Why the Dow Jones, you might ask? Because of many markets I researched it
was the only one for some inexplicable reason that signals were more
discernible.

Only the marketers/scamsters and hucksters insist that it works on
everything and why they want you to buy their book/newsletter/advisory.

Where is THEIR money in?

Mutual Funds and CDs!