Re: Uptick: Tick-based futures trading engine .NET or Java

>I'd sugest Perl, because there exists allready a lot (really a lot) of
>pre-written and easy to use code! Python is more modern (was later
>develloped) and therefore more elegant but there is not as much code.

I wouldn't suggest Perl.  Complex code written in Perl is very
difficult to maintain, especially by someone other than the author.

I've seen extensive libraries of code for python, so it shouldn't be a
problem.  Python also has the advantage that it was designed for fast
development time.  People I know who have used java or perl say their
time spent creating programs in python is cut in half or more.

-Alex