Re[2]: Beware of Norton Updates . . .

I think a lot of this has less to do with Live Update and more to do
with runaway computer "fiddling" leading to a cascade of unrelated problems.
Reminds me of my mother who would wildly push all the buttons when she
couldn't get the car radio to work.

Nevertheless, the bad guys are always looking for vulnerabilities
behind things everyone uses and depends on.  The difference is that
they are looking for vulnerabilities behind the very things that
consumers need to protect their computers, like Live Update,
Windows Update, and popular firewalls.  This cat and mouse game will
never end.