Von: John Blucar [mailto:blucar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Thursday, August 14, 2003 5:28 PM
An: Sethw2@xxxxxxx
Cc: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: Tradestation 10-Yr Historical Data

Not only is it verging on criminal, but it goes against all their years
of pushing the philosophy of historical backtesing ability of TS.
Everyone knows backtesting on 2 years data is a joke.

But only having 2 years data on their servers plays into the hands of
system vendors who claim to only use TS7 and can only show the
performance of their system for last 2 years (hey, it ain't my fault TS
hasn't got more data to backtest with !)

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:16:11 -0400 , Sethw2@xxxxxxx  wrote:
>I use TS 4.0 so that I can control my own historical database (among
other reasons.) Testing systems based on 2 years of historical data is
worse than useless. It is dangerous. I had no idea 6.0 and 7.0 only had
2 yrs of tick data. That is criminal.