Re: Beware of Norton Updates . . .

...are you sure that Live Update screwed your ports? I did a Windows Update
that included an "enhanced port" driver update that prevented me from
connecting to the DTN box, etc, until I reinstalled the drivers for my Byte
Runner Turbo Speed serial port card. I've been using Norton since the 80's
without incident, but sometimes Windows Update gets too fancy and toasts
something. Best not to use it for drivers, get them from the mfg.