Off topic - possible virus

Hi List,

Please excuse this off topic post.  I have been experienceing the following
problem: task manager appears when pressing ctrl+alt+del but then disappears
after half a second.  I did a web search for "task manger disappears" and
found the following exchange on some forum or other:

Q: my task manager displays for one to two seconds, and then disappears. i
dont know how to keep it on screen. it is bugging me. any suggestions?

A: Odds are that you have the W32.Klez virus. Go visit Symantec's website
for removal instructions and a free removal tool. Have fun.
(Some of the other symptoms of this virus are that regedit.exe won't open
and you can't do a live update with Norton Anti-Virus.)

I tried running regedit and sure enough it would not run.  I downloaded and
ran Symantec's KLEZ removal tool but it said my computer was NOT infected
with the KLEZ virus.  Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks for your help and once again sorry for the off topic post but you
guys are a pretty savvy bunch when it comes to technical problems...

David

PS If someone can recommend another more secure e-mail program, I am tired
of lookout express.