Re: Computer cant find each other on network LAN

There needs to be a folder or printer shared on each PC.  A most common
error on W2K is you the User logged on to a PC, must have an identical User
account on the remote PC and the password must match.

I would add the protocol NetBEUI to all the PCs, it's excessive activity on
a corp LAN but on home network it just makes stuff work.  ControlPanel,
Network and Dialup.  Here you see Local Area Connection, it knows your NIC
and is Enabled.

Rclick on the Local Area Connection, Properties.  You should already have
Client for M$, sharing for M$, and protocol TCP/IP.  Install, Protocol,
NetBEUI protocol.  Reboot and hope.
Mike

PS, thanks for the ideas on correcting the boot drive.  I'll be trying
those next time and from what I've seen there will be a next time.