Re: Computer cant find each other on network LAN

  • To: "OmegaList" <MikeHere2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Computer cant find each other on network LAN
  • From: "James Martignoni" <jpcm@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 10:11:53 -0800

check the ip address of each conputer from a command prompt
type:   ipconfig
that will give you the address of each computer on your network
which for example will be 192.168.1.100
and  192.168.1.101
then from the command prompt on one computer type:  ping <IPADRESSS of the
other>
eg if your on 192.168.1.100  type: ping 192.168.1.101.
that'll tell you if you have network connectivity.
if you do, then do a search for a computer on your network by the ip
address. When you find it, double click and you
should be prompted for a login.

You might not be able to see it in windows explorer for a bunch of reasons.
Do what the other folks have suggested.... also
if you have a firewall going that will cause you not to see the other one
... bring it down and try again