Re[2]: Off-Topic: Netscape Question

On Wednesday, November 21, 2001, 4:34:49 PM, Craig wrote:

C> I can put up with the pop-up windows.  I just close them.  But this
C> new breed will turn browsing into a nasty experience.

You ain't seen nothin yet. M$ keeps adding 'features' that will make
your experience ever more nasty. Even worse is the part you *don't*
see, designed to eliminate privacy.

C> I'm not very web-browser-configuration-savvy, so is there a way I can turn
C> these off?

Not likely. Defeating these new 'features' is becoming more difficult.
if you are a 'techie', try Proxomitron (free) at:
http://proxomitron.cjb.net/  It's probably the best tool to deal with
the new complexities.

HTH,

ztrader