Moving Average Cross Formula

     I know this can't be that hard but I've got a brain cramp and
just can't figure it out.

    What I need to do is find a moving average cross point.

    Essentially what price does the market need to move to for the
average to and price to meet.

    For example: I keep an average of the last 5 numbers  in a series. (30,
35, 40, 45 & 50)/5 which gives a 5 period moving average - or in this case
an average of 40 - as the data progresses.

    The issue at hand is to determine what the new number in the series
needs to be so that it meets or crosses the new "average" number for the
time series.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Joe