Re: Help - Moving Avg Cross Formula

In a message dated 11/4/01 1:51:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jgb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<   What I need to do is find a moving average cross point.

     Essentially what price does the market need to move to for the average
 and price to meet. >>

Hi Joe,

Let the 'new' number in the series be X and let the previous 4 numbers in the
series be A, B, C and D.  Then

                                X  =   (A + B + C + D + X)/5

which I believe satisfies the criterion you set out.  Then just rearrange to
get the following formula for X:

                             X     =   (A + B + C + D)/4

Regards,

Lee Scharpen