Re: Larry Williams . Some facts about 1987.

>"From what I heard Larry was trading 1000-2000 lots in the
>bonds for 2-4 ticks at the end of his contest run, kind of
>a "do or die" approach...."

>Mmm, I don't see this Kamikaze trading in the broker
>statements.

Thanks for the link.  If I remember
the interview I read was in CTCR. Obviously,  my memory
is faulty on the position size: perhaps 200-400 contracts
seemed so big that many years ago. Still, if I can read
those statements, he risked 20% to 30% of his account
on single trades, on a regular basis, often
for profits of just a few ticks per contract. Hey,
it worked for him, and more power to him,
but many traders can't trade like that. I can't
imagine someone suggesting it new traders.

>I read one of his books once. The section on money
>management was very useful to me.

The bottom line is he gave back 50% in just over two months.
Like my Dad used to say: "Do as I say, not as I do."

BW