Re: edgy situation -- controling energy sources

> OIL.  That's why.

Bingo.

> All countries would do well to significantly
> reduce dependence on oil. It should be our
> national battle cry. Unfortunately for America,
> alternative technology receives little federal
> support. And that, in my opinion, is our real
> long term problem.

Exactly right Mark. Not only does alternative energy
not receive federal support, the feds have tried to
crush it. Back in the mid 1980's Reagan eliminated
tax credits for alternative energy effectively killing
that fledgling industry just as it was taking off. There
has been basically no substantial federal support
by ANY administration since.

We are willing to spend billions fighting wars in
the mid-east, but will not allow for millions in
tax incentives to help solve the problem
right here at home.

BW