Re: THE ANSWER, NOT (off topic)

This is a day late because I had a bad address.

Incorrect. What you find at the heart of political fanaticism is hate, and
the desire
for power and wealth.

The need for faith in mystical things grew out of human needs and the
sentient crises that all
people experience.

Using those needs for whatever purpose, is simply a tool used by many
to get what they want. People should not be gullible but that doesn't
mean that they wont have needs.

All of which does not prove or disprove God. I believe in God. I refuse to
believe that life is an accident and that all that is, just happened.
Consider this.

Why don't those that do not believe in God just end this meaningless
existence. Excuses by the anti-God types will
be that they have a will to live, and have a some purpose to make something
of
themselves as an individual. My answer to which is, Why? Logically, there
can be no purpose
in anything that is purely an accident. No matter what reason you find to
exist it is going to be based on something mystical. I bet that these anti
types find a reason to live,
that is a mystical belief in something.

It would surprise many that frequently atheists and agnostics ask for
last rights before they die.

Believe what you will, but don't expect others to buy that nonsense.

Prosper

> What you find at the heart of any political fanaticism is mysticism:  an
irrational belief in a "higher power" (the state (fascism), a god (Islam,
among others), "the working class" (communism), race (Nazism, among others),
etc.)  Every barbarism in history has been justified by reference to some
mystical higher power.  The current barbarism is no different.

> As long as any value is placed above the value of free life itself, as
long as belief in mystical "higher powers" exists, there will be those
willing to give and take the lesser value (life) in order to obtain, or
achieve the success of, the "higher" (mystical) value.  And as long as that
is the case, there will be "terrorism".

> Pull the weed of terrorism up by the roots?  Turn "the offending
countries" into parking lots?  Do you honestly believe that this will stop
"terrorism"?

> Let us be clear:  what we are discussing now does not have much to do with
obtaining justice.  The 18 or so perpetrators of the terrible acts in New
York and Washington are all dead.  There is no more justice to be obtained
from them.  Everything being done now is either justice at the margins
(punishing accomplices and the like) or it is about preventing future
similar acts.  So the important question is:  how are such future acts to be
prevented?  I submit the following:  you may kill as many people as you
wish, but you will not stop terrorism as long as mystical beliefs in "higher
powers" exist anywhere.

> To those of you who believe that terrorism can be eradicated by a military
campaign I ask:  How do you plan to find every person who is willing to give
his life (and take yours) for some "higher power"?  Are you able to read the
minds of everyone on earth?  Are you under the illusion that such people
live only in "foreign" countries?  Do you believe that Islam is the only
mystical fanaticism that exists?

> So what is the answer?  Increased security at airports?  Will increased
security prevent the boarding of martial artists who kill without weapons?
More prayer vigils and remembrance services (fighting mysticism with
mysticism)?  Singing patriotic or religious songs?  Perhaps we should light
some more candles?  Who's for bringing back the yellow ribbons from the
Carter years?

> No, the answer does not lie in Proverbs or in any of the above empty
gestures.  The answer lies in reason.  When reason trounces mysticism, when
ALL mysticism is seen for what it is, anti-life, only then will we have the
real weed by its roots.