Re: Whatever

I'd like some clarification on Afghanistan.

I had heard in some news reports a month or two back that the
Taliban has almost totally eradicated Heroin from the country.  This
was done in their religious zeal.  Because of this, Afghanistan is in
even more dire financial straights because the heroin was a major
cash crop and source of hard currency for the country.  If I'm wrong
on this, I'd like to know.

While something does need to be done, I don't see that bombing a
country into submission will do anything positive for us or them.
What needs to be done is the complete removal of the leaders that
allow the terrorists safe haven.  If they hide, ferret them out.  If their
countrymen hide them, then they're part of the problem as well.
This is the way it needs to be done - first tell them to abdicate or
else.  If that doesn't work, bomb where they are.  If they run and
hide, bomb they're suspected hiding places.  Keep on until they
are found or killed.  Once that's done, if someone friendly to
terrorists emerges as a leader, repeat until you get someone who
is as against terrorists as the rest of the world.