RE: TradeStation Precision - Summary

No,nononono....
Buy it,try it for free, then you will see.

> In some mails you write about single precision float being more than
> adequate, all miscalculations shown to you are irrelevant. In
> other letters
> you claim that the Bob Fulks solution with recalculating for example
> averages every 100th bar or so would cause big jumps in the values when
> recalculations occur... :-)

Yes, IF the 100 th reset  comes after the sum is more than single precision
(averaging big number like volumes or price* volume), the jump could occur.
The arbitrary reset without control of when resetting MAY produce this
effect and I proposed an alternate solution ( that you forgot as well)where
I checked the reset condition.
But this was an issue with the average function and the improvement proposed
by Bob, not the Xaverage.
Do not mixup all of what I say, or try to avoid to truncate.

> Then you are back again in other letters, saying that Omegas version of
> single precision is fully adequate for a physician, the low precision in
> data means that it is irrelevant if the calculation process
> introduces extra errors during the calculations due to their design.

Misunderstanding.
TS precision is enough for  calculation with 5-6 digits prices in technical
analysis, as long as the errors are beyond this precision, regardless the
job of the user

> Ah well, just trust that you are open, only thing needed is just
> to prove to you that your users really need what they think they want.

I just try to help.

> Easy thing... :-)

Not so easy...

 Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com
TradeStation Technologies representative in France