Re: Futures Magazine Review of Systems

You raise an interesting point. "What makes me think I can do better than
so-called professionals?". Well, why did any of us decide to trade for
ourselves instead of letting others do it? After all, the paths we chose
have brought us here at this moment. That in itself should be confidence
inspiring. It indicates we are seeking answers that others have failed to
provide.

Perhaps we need to ask other questions as well, such as, "If these systems
for sale were so good, why don't their makers just trade them for a living?"
{NOTE: I'm not revisiting why someone like Larry Williams wishes to keep a
public persona. That is a lifestyle question as well.} We all know the
rather lopsided effort required to sell, maintain, and support any item for
sale, particularly in the software arena. The question becomes, "Why bother
trying to sell to such a limited market, if the system itself can multiply
your capital faster?".

Another question: "Why put your trust in something you don't fully
understand?". Writing your own systems, at the very least, gives you an
appreciation of what you're buying. Doing our own landscaping or painting
etc. let's us know what we can and cannot demand of others who might do that
for us at some later time.

Final question: "What is it that makes us want to develop our own systems in
the first place?" Answer that, and all the other questions may just fall
into place.

Also, there's nothing wrong with doing both! I'm sure I'm not alone in this
regard. You hedge your bets until your own efforts prove more fruitful, or
provide an additional level of diversification.

Best regards,

Gene (I do it because it is challenging)...