Decimalization

>From a trader's perspective, a few observations on the
so-called decimalization problems:

1.  Beware the logical error:  "After this, therefore
because of this"  (I"ll skip the Latin.)

    The markets are dealing with an unprecedented bubble.
The consequences of this are not easy to predict, but one
thing is that there are going to be far, far fewer traders
involved.  The changes in noise level, choppiness, etc.,
that you pin on decimalization, are characteristic of almost
all major (& even minor) changes in trend, in most markets,
at most times.  It is far greater now, partly because of
massive public participation in the markets, and partly
because of the nature of the change:  a 10-year bubble has
broken.  My guess, even without decimalization, pretty much
the same characteristics would have occurred.

2.  To the extend that decimalization has had a minor
impact, it will adjust, as all market changes have.
Remember the massive temporary dislocations with triple
witch?  Markets take a bit of time to adapt, but they do.
How & when is the trick.

3.  While the lack of easy money from daytrading appears to
be a negative for the daytrader, in the intermediate to
long-term, it is a major positive for the economy.  A nation
of daytraders is not productive.

Regards,