RE: the ideal computer for tradestation...

Even though the IBM 75GXP were the best drives, they have now been
discountinued, there have been problems reported of drive failures, were the
drives just crashed, of course if its under warrenty you will get a new one
from IBM, although you will llose your data, they have now started making the
60GXP series, I would go with a matrox videocard as they are the best for 2d
resolution, even the old mill2 or g200 are good enough, get as much ram as you
can, if you do alot of radarstation stuff with tons of symbols, you'll need
it,
i have 1 gig and my system is using around 600megs right now, Get a nice dual
board, not much more then the single motherboards, I have a abit vp6 dual
and a
tyan tiger 100, i like the tyan a little better, baed on the bx chipset, if
you
run win2000 with ts2000, it can take advantage of it, about a 50% increase in
cpu power of one 1 processor, i have 2 700e's overclocked to 933 each.
Although
AMD is supposed to be releasing a dually board in another month or two if you
can wait, (of course it was already supposed to be released a month or 2 ago)