RE: the ideal computer for tradestation...

nice setup, I just built one a month ago for my trading platform and I used
an abit kt7a with a 1 ghz amd t-bird.  I have used the enlight 7237 for both
computers I built in the last two years.  I like your taste...

Here is a question though, how does tradestation store tick and bar data?
in RAM? or on the hard drive?

If it stores it in ram, will I see an improvement in performance going from
256 to 512 megs?

if it stores it on the hard drive, I would guess I would see more
improvement if I had a RAID system than a second 256 megs of ram, right?

I am not familiar with DDR ram, is it significantly faster than regular
SDRAM and do all motherboards with a 266 FSB support it?