Re[2]: TS, What Bugs?

On Wednesday, April 11, 2001, 12:03:18 PM, ribau@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

rpn> End of day use avoids these problems.

True, but this gives one time to notice many others. I run off-line
ONLY, and have found many, many bugs, big and small. They run from
'crashers' to annoyances.

That said, IMHO it will depend on how you use TS. If you only use a
few simple indicators, on short charts, and don't try any fancy things
with the interface (like setting up custom toolbars, as one of many
examples), then TS might be OK for you.

But if you create and use complex studies, or have many lloooonnnngg
charts (say 50,000+ bars), or try to use all the supposed 'features'
of the interface, or have lots of data with, say, continuous
contracts, for example, or try to change things around a lot (change
data, studies, parameters, etc)while it is running, you may have MAJOR
problems with TS2k.

If you want to know more about the bugs, check the archives, you will
find many of the bugs discussed. There is not a bug list that I know
of, and Omega keeps theirs VERY secret. :-)

I use TS2k only for development, and usually for things that were too
big for TS4, so it gets used 'heavily'. This lets me see problems that
others might not see. In my case, it crashes regularly.

For the kinds of things I do, I do NOT find it anywhere near reliable
enough to trust real-time.

ztrader