keeping a data series around between charts

list,

i know this is question fits into the "asked and answered" category, but i
can't seem to find the answer in my back emails.  i want to use the same
data series (SPX) in several of my charts as part of an indicator.
specifically, i want to divide each chart's price series by the SPX.

my question: i believe that one of these various third party .DLLs allows
exactly this kind of thing (load the data series once and then share it), so
how well does it work?  is it easy to use? is it efficient? does it allow
you define a template such that applying it will allow the indicator to
appear without having to plot the second data series?

failing that, is there a way to create a template that will automatically
plot the SPX as a hidden data series?

thanks in advance,

jh