Re: keeping a data series around between charts

At 4:26 PM -0700 4/9/01, John Hamon wrote:

>i know this is question fits into the "asked and answered" category, but i
>can't seem to find the answer in my back emails.  i want to use the same
>data series (SPX) in several of my charts as part of an indicator.
>specifically, i want to divide each chart's price series by the SPX.

One simple way to do something like this is to create one chart with
your stock as data1 and the SPX as data2 using hidden bars. Then
construct an indicator:

   Plot1(Close of data1/Close of data2, "Ratio");

You can set up all the stocks you want to track as a "Custom Data
List" and then page through the stocks one by one. The data1 seres
will be each stock in sequence and data2 will remain as the SPX index.

Bob Fulks