RE: Hardrive Partitions what the benefit ????

I did a lot of thinking before getting PartitionMagic and applying it to my
2 physical HD-s.  Now, I guess, I could get to Guiness with the number of my
partitions, which are as follows:

1st Physical HD - Always spinning
---------------------------------

c:\Win98 for running some odd things that do not want to run under w2k.

d:\Win2k, including TS2k and all other *software*.  Please note that there
is no data on this drive, only *software*.  But then again, I do not run
GlobalServer, only 3rd party eod datafeeds on this machine.

e:\Data  I keep all my data here, from all the applications (Outlook files,
PaperPort files, Market Data, Quicken data, audio settings files, etc.).

f:\Works  I do all my other work here.  All manipulations with large files,
spreadsheets, .doc files, graphics files, html, c++, etc. reside here.  This
is the drive that usually needs defrag most badly, so I keep everything that
messes up a drive here.

2nd Physical HD - usually turned off by win2k

g:\Backup  All backup files go there, and are regularly copied to CD-s.

h:\Multimedia for storing .mpg-s, .mp3-s, .avi-s, etc.

I set the configuration up for the following reasons:
1) Frequency of backup for a set of files located on each partition.
2) Frequency of defrag for the files and partitions.
3) Should I ever need to reformat any of the drives, I will not need to
completely rebuild my computer.

It may not be the best way of doing things so any comments would be
interesting.

Ivo